Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Day of Food: Workout Day


Ah...its Saturday!  That means time to hit the gym for 9:00 am Body Blast!  This class is a combination of weight lifting and short but intense cardio bursts.  We do squats, lunges, high steps, mountain climbers, sprints, burpees (oh...junior high gym class flashbacks!!) and tons of other stuff all mixed together!  The teach does such a great job of mixing cardio spurts and strength training to raise and lower your heart rate that I'm sweating for a full hour!  Typically, I burn about 350 - 400 calories during class.  This means, I aim to eat an additional 350ish calories on days I go to class so that I maintain a steady net calorie intake every day. 
Breakfast:
Savory Oats with oats, spinach, mushrooms, cheddar cheese and an over-easy egg
Calories: 300ish
After workout treat:
Small Skim Latte (Protein!)
Calories: 100
Lunch:
Turkey Stuffed Red Pepper, Blueberry Salad and a slice of rosemary bread
Calories: 500ish
Afternoon Snack:
Spinach and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms (3 total, I inhaled 1 1/2 before I remembered to take a picture!)
Calories: 150ish

Dinner:
Chicken Tortilla Soup and a Black Bean and Rice Enchilada (Everything was made from scratch!)
Calories: 500ish

After Dinner Snack (unpictured because 1. I ate it too fast and 2. it had melted and refroze in a not so cute fashion)
Calories: 80

So, I ended my day with about 1650ish calories less the 350 burned in class leaves 1300 net calories, which is a tad but low from where I should have ended the day, but most of the day was spent visiting a friend instead of home with my favorite munchies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment